Tuesday, July 2, 2013

MG: March - July

Well end of March, April and May went pretty smooth. Felt great, started to exercise. Work was good, life felt pretty normal. Started eating eggs and rice again. Tapered down to 15mg eod by Mother's Day and started to feel some eye issues. I struggled through it for three weeks but no improvement. I've had little reply or information from my neuro.

It is now my summer vacation July 2. Both my eyes are extremely difficult to open. Left eye is pulling outwards and extreme ptosis while the right eye is straining, moderate ptosis.
Returned to taking 30mg everyday of prednisone despite not hearing from my neurologist. Panick, fear, who knows, wtf?

Curent Meds: (Prednisone & Mestinon, starting CellCept)
• Day 3,4,5 - Lots of fear, crying, self-pity.
Hoping I bounce back as quickly as I did the first time around.
• Day 6 - left eye can flutter open when laying still and taking 120mg mestinon.
• Day 7 - eyes opening, vision blurred double. Lungs feel a bit labored. Walking in a marsh mellow world. Dishes feel heavy. Can't focus enough to actually watch a movie. (We think this flare was maybe triggered by Advantage-ing the dog. Guessing).
• Day 8 - Longest 8 days ever! 3.5yr old & dog bouncing off walls, Can't see, gone rouge with the meds, haven't heard from neuro (nasty superlative here!), vacation total crap (cant drive, cant see tv. no pool, no backyard camping, no county fair, no fire works, no beer while BBQing, no gardening) Worried about not returning to work Monday! Dog ate my hammock. No visual improvement.
• Day 11 - Visit to Neuro. Pred to 60mg for 5 days, then back to 30ng.
• Day 12 - Bad vision in AM. Rested. Starting CellCept. Re-reading my paleo entries, going bad to strict AutoPaleo Protocol. (See CellCept blog).

Survived the 5 days of 60mg of prednisone. Vision is but a wee better. Honestly thought I would feel better.

PREDNISONE TAPER:
• Day 1 tapering back down to 30mg.
• Day 2 tapering - major migraines, sweating, chills, laid out.
• Day 3 tapering - lead weights describe it best. Migraine. Feels like someone took an egg beater to my brain. This is my "this is your brain in drugs" moment. And I'm hating it. It's also a workday. Seriously want to die. Started eating completely clean--only veggies, fruit, poached salmon. No spices.
• Day 4 taper - Vision is getting a bit better. Migraine gone. Got to go to band practice after work, so I had something to look forward to. Feels like MG is in my jaws. Face feels numb in the mornings. Eyes won't totally shut.
• Day 5 taper - Eyes are little better. Double vision comes and goes. Thought I would be better along after all the meds, but it's slowly proving. So i'll take it. Wanting to start a juice fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment