Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Why? Wtf? Why Not?

At the core, I'm punk! I am of Viking-kind (who will toss you back to gods for genetics). I don't believe in statements like "It's just bad luck", "No one knows why", "Possibly you're pre-dispositioned", but there's not way of knowing" or worse "Don't ask why?" The concept of 'blindly (pun intended) going along is not in my DNA.

As one who loves facts, data and a true believer in the "cause-effect" theory, I am propelled to question and seek answers even when the answers are not clear facts and data. Smart people ask "why?", "what happened?"

I don't believe you just wake up one day and suddenly have something like Myasthenia Gravis out of shear dumb luck. I've been in exceptional health all my life. I eat well, live clean, have an eco-conscious household and even green corporate events for a living. My biggest complaint last year was a bruise on my foot that derailed my exercise routine for a few weeks. So, hell yea, I'm gunna ask "why?" And "wtf?", while i'm at it!

My first visit to a Naturopath/Transitional MD yesterday was great, informative and a major step in the right direction.

Holistic practitioners are not afraid to ask "why did this happen? What happened?" Or say "Let's get to the cause, not just treat the symptoms." Getting to the root cause may not be as fast as Prednisone has been to cover my symptoms, but finding a more long term resolve with less detrimental side-effects seams prudent and smart.

So I started the detox program today that I received from my Naturopath. It is designed to clear microplasma virus and bacteria from the system. In December, I tested positive a microplasma pneumonia, however was told "never mind that, anyone can have that." Really? Then why test for it?

As the holistic drops don't conflict with the pharmaceuticals covering up my symptoms, down the hatch. I can see no reason why not!

Also attached are two books she recommended which I'm looking forward to reading!






2 comments:

  1. This is perfect as I was a tincture/ accupuncture/accupressure when I could afford them.

    ReplyDelete