Sunday, May 5, 2013

Med Alert: 13 week Prednisone taper

I am 4 weeks into a 13 week Prednisone taper program, hoping to get me off the immune suppressing steroid I've nick named "drug-yuck". Though I've actually been tapering for 2 months already (to get the alternating days to 0mg).

I am currently at 20mg every other day. So 20mg yesterday, 0mg today, 20mg tomorrow. Yesterday was my first 20mg day from 25mg, after being at 30mg daily just a mere 8 weeks ago (tapering every two weeks.) It's been a quick tapering, yet I know the hardest part is ahead. Going lower.

Today I felt tired, beat, achy. My soles feel puffy, my arches like they are flattening. My kidneys feel kicked and hamstrings pulled.

I laid in bed as my child (who was up at night with the flu) took a nap. I stayed there for ten minutes, relishing in my pity party of arches and pains. Then, I said "f it, I'm going running!!! My arches aren't really flattening!"

Sometimes, you just have to kick your own butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment